How To Wear A Polo Shirt To Work For Females
Polo shirts have been existing since the 19th century. They may be around for more than a century, but it never goes out of style. It's a classic piece of clothing that looks great on everyone regardless of gender. So, if you think that only men can pull off a polo shirt, you’re wrong. Women can definitely ace it too. When it comes to women wearing polo shirts, there are several ways on how to style it. These shirts are very versatile and can be used for all occasions. You can create various looks with polo shirts - the feminine vibe, with a casual or a sporty look, or whatever your mood is now, you can play it up to match it. From your day job to a night out with your girls, polo shirts are the way to go. Read on this article to learn the easy tips on how women can wear a polo shirt to work.
What is a Polo Shirt?
Players originally used polo shirts in the 19th century for polo, tennis, or golf matches. Eventually, it made its way and created a statement to the fashion world. By definition, a polo shirt is a form of shirt with a collar, a placket neckline with three buttons, and an optional pocket. It can either have short sleeves or long sleeves. It is also usually made of 100% polyester or a mix of cotton and poly.
Tips for Working Women on How to Wear Polo Shirts to Work
Here are some easy tips on how females wear a polo shirt to work.
- Wear a pair of a white polo shirt with dark skinny jeans and heeled sandals. It is simple yet classy.
- Your polo shirt paired with a full skirt and lace-up stilettos gives you a run-way ready look.
- If you have a dark-colored polo shirt, you can match it with a light-colored long or midi skirt for a more casual vibe.
- A polo doesn’t always have to be short. Polo shirt dress paired with strappy sandals is great for you to get that preppy summer look.
- Match a white polo shirt with high-waisted trousers. That will give you a classic business casual outfit.
- Polo shirts, wide-leg trousers, and colored headbands can create a more retro feel.
- You may try to button your cotton top up to your neck then tuck it into a textured skirt for a charming feminine look.
- Feeling sporty? You can wear your polo shirt with faded or ripped jeans and sneakers. Then you can accessorize your look with a baseball cap for a sportier feel.
Polo shirts are not only chic and versatile but are very comfortable as well. These are just some of the popular ways on how to wear a polo shirt to work female. And there are a lot of other ways for sure. You can experiment with different prints and cuts, or you can add layers or accessories. How about you? What’s your stylish way to flaunt that polo shirt?