How To Use A Hand Blender
A hand blender, also called immersion blender, is a handy tool used to accomplish small kitchen chores like beating eggs, making smoothies, or pureeing a soup. Using a large blender in doing such chores would be quite inconvenient.
It’s easy to learn how to use hand blender. We will give you a step by step guide. Plus, we’ll provide you with kitchen hacks to maximize your handy kitchen instrument.
Read the printed user guide that comes along with the packaging of your hand blender. Assemble the parts according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The device components can be snapped or screwed together. If you have a battery-operated blender, make sure the batteries are fully charged before use.
Once you have assembled your blender, you can start using it. Here are the steps on how to use an immersion blender:
- Prepare your ingredients. Put them inside your cup, pot, or bowl based on your recipe.
- Put in the blender head into your container.
- Hold the blender at a slight angle, but keep it off the bottom of the container.
- Turn on your blender.
- Blend until you achieve your desired texture.
- If you have a large pan, move the blender around to mix or blend your ingredients properly.
- When done, remove the attachment and wash.
When using a whisk attachment, use a large bowl that can contain your desired food volume after blending.
If you are using a chopping blade attachment, cut large ingredients in smaller portions first before using the blender.
When To Use Your Immersion Blender
Your hand blender may be a relatively small tool, but it is very functional. What can a hand blender be used for? Oh, so many things!
Here are smart ways to use your hand blender
- Make smoothies and milkshakes
- Blend soup
- Make baby food
- Blend pesto sauce
- Mix pancake batter
- Make homemade mayonnaise
- Crush berries to make jam
- Mix salad dressing
- Make whipped cream
- Blend hummus
Blender Maintenance Tips
Your hand blender is very trustworthy. Hence, it would be best if you observe proper care to get the most of this device.
- Clean your hand blender’s attachment (whisk, chopping blade, etc.) after every use. Thoroughly clean interior and exterior steel components to get rid of any food residue. Use dish soap and water. Dry it carefully to avoid rust buildup.
- Wipe the motor body with a damp microfiber cloth to remove any splatter. Do not immerse the motor body in water.
- Unplug the device before washing or cleaning.
- Once dry, store it in a clean, dry place.
It’s easy to learn how to use hand blender. Maintaining it is also very convenient. When buying new kitchen tools or devices, make sure you read and comply with the manufacturer’s directions. This way, you can use your immersion blender and make great food conveniently.