How To Use A Mattress Topper: Easy Guide
Sleep is an essential part of life that we do everything we can to make it as comfortable as possible. Mattress toppers make sleeping easier because it offers both comfort and protection, but are we using them the right way? In this article, we will learn how to use a mattress topper the right way to make the most of its many benefits.
Before we find out how to use a mattress topper, it's important to know its benefits. Why should we get a mattress topper in the first place? What is mattress topper for?
The 5 Benefits Of A Mattress Topper
- It transforms a mattress that is too firm - If your mattress is too firm, you don't have to disregard it altogether. You can add a mattress topper to make it softer and more comfortable.
- It's a temporary fix for a worn mattress - If you're not ready to buy a new mattress just yet, you can get a mattress topper and add a few more years to your shabby bedding.
- It provides skeletal support - Certain mattress toppers help alleviate back pain using special cushioning.
- It keeps your mattress clean - High-quality mattress toppers can keep dust mites and allergens away.
- It keeps your bed cool - Mattress materials like memory foam trap body heat. A mattress topper with a breathable material like wool gets rid of excess moisture giving you a better sleep.
Types Of Mattress Toppers
In buying a mattress topper, you'll find a variety of types to choose from:
- Memory foam
- Polyester blends
- Bamboo knit
- Down feathers
Some designs fuse two or more of these materials to provide more comfort and durability while ensuring resistance to odors and other allergens.
7 Steps To Using A Mattress Topper
With all the benefits a mattress topper can provide, you might be excited to get one right away, but before you do that here's how to use a mattress topper the right way:
- Remove all the sheets off your bed, including your mattress protector.
- Position the mattress topper in the center, right on top of your mattress.
- Add your mattress protector if you have one.
- Add the sheets back on with your topper in place.
- Use a deep-pocket fitted sheet, so it stretches to all corners.
- Tuck excess sheets to the sides of your mattress.
- Add a flat sheet to finish up the bed making process. Your bed should look something like this starting from the bottom-most layer: mattress, your mattress topper, an optional mattress protector, a fitted sheet, and a flat sheet.
Those are the steps on how to put a mattress topper on a bed. Now, you're finally ready for a good night's rest!
Sleep may be challenging for some of us, but there are ways we can make it more comfortable. Mattress toppers are an important invention, and now that you know how to use a mattress topper the right way, you're just one step closer to finally getting that long-awaited rest you deserve.