How To Make Yoga Headbands Fun DIY
Your hair can be bothersome when working out. And if we want to make the most of our yoga sessions, we should keep unruly hair away from the face. We're going to teach you how to make yoga headbands that will make your exercise routine and any activity, stress-free, and unruly-hair free!
Fun DIY: Making A Yoga Headband
Even if you're not used to making unique handcrafted art, knowing how to make yoga headbands with these simple steps might change your mind. Let's get started!
Things you need:
- one piece of fabric at 16" x 6"
- one piece of fabric at 4" x 2.5"
- braided elastic cut that is 4" long
- cutting board or scissors
- matching thread
- Fold the piece of fabric together and sew a seam measuring 1/4"
- Make a small seam separate from the fabric for the elastic.
- Turn the small piece right side out to put elastic inside and position it in the center of the larger piece of fabric.
- Fold in both ends and use a pin to keep it secure.
- Sew one end back and forth.
- Do the same for the other end while leaving a small opening in the middle to pull the fabric back through.
- Pull the fabric through the opening, so the headband is right side out.
- Slide in the elastic piece into the small opening.
- Fold the sides tight inward and pin it to keep it in place.
- Sew it shut.
And just like that, you have a stretchy yoga headband!
Now you know how to make yoga headbands for the rest of your family and friends!
Other Yoga Headband Ideas
Besides a yoga headband meant to keep your hair away from the face, there are other headbands you can make with the same materials.
The best material for headbands is entirely up to you, but here are some headbands to look into that you might want to make:
- Double-sided headband
- Tie headband
- Ruffled flower headband
What To Wear With A Yoga Headband
The reasons for wearing yoga headbands are not limited to workouts. You can wear them for a casual run to the grocery, or as a household staple for your chores.
Your yoga headband will also look good paired with any of these:
- Yoga statement tank top – These tops have creative designs and inspiring statements that complement your patterned headband.
- Flowy elephant pants – Whether you're working out or just enjoying a summer walk, these pants complete the casual yogi look.
- Patterned carrying bag for your yoga mat – If you're about to hit the gym for a quick yoga or Pilates session, pair your headband with a knit, patterned yoga mat bag complete with a drawstring and a shoulder strap.
The yoga headband has many uses. Whether you're using it for workouts or as a simple fashion statement, knowing how to make yoga headbands is a simple way of customizing items from your personal wardrobe.