How To Clean Electric Toothbrushes? – Clean All The Way
You brush your teeth to remove bacteria from your mouth. But do you know, sometimes, when you brush your teeth, you bring bad elements instead of good? Yes, that's when you use a dirty toothbrush. To make sure you get the best clean with every brush, it's important to take care of your toothbrush. If you are using an automatic one, here is how to clean electric toothbrush.
Oral Health 101
Taking care of your toothbrush is as important as brushing your teeth to maintain hygiene. That's what we are trying to learn here. By answering the question on how to clean electric toothbrush, you get the assurance that you clean your teeth and gums much better.
Cleaning a manual toothbrush is different from cleaning an automatic toothbrush. This is an issue that can cause a lot of debate, whether or not it's practical to use an electric toothbrush. Well, although it's unarguable that manual toothbrushes have a wider variety of options, an electric toothbrush can have a lot of amazing features. These features are designed to achieve a better means of cleaning one's teeth and gums.
Steps on How to Clean Electric Toothbrush
To keep your electric toothbrush clean and safe, the following are the tips that you must keep in mind:
- Create a solution. Mix bleach and water. Wear gloves in this process.
- In a container enough to submerge your toothbrush head completely, mix 1-part bleach and 10 parts water.
- Remove the electric toothbrush head from its body. Wipe the heads handle then submerge your toothbrush head.
- Get a clean cloth and wipe any toothpaste particle, gunk, and other residues.
- Leave your toothbrush head submerged for an hour.
- Soaking your toothbrush for an hour will disinfect and clean your toothbrush.
- Remove your toothbrush head from the bleach and water solution after an hour. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Let dry.
- It's time to clean the body of your electric toothbrush. Just use a dampen cloth using the cleaning solution.
- Wipe the entire body carefully. No need to submerge in water.
- After the solution, wipe it with a cloth damped with clear water.
- Let it dry before attaching the electric toothbrush head.
At least once a month, give your toothbrush a deep clean.
Additional Tips on How to Take Care of an Electric Toothbrush
- Always keep it covered, whether at home or when traveling.
- In a cup or a toothbrush holder, store your toothbrush upright. Do this when at home.
- Sanitize by following instructions on the toothbrush sanitizer that you choose to use.
It Pays to have a Clean Toothbrush
What you just learned are simple yet very useful tips on how to take care of your toothbrush. Since an electric toothbrush has more features than a manual type, it's crucial for you to follow the steps given above. Now that you know how to clean electric toothbrush, there's no reason to hold back from your plan of using such for a change.