How Much Are Ballet Shoes? – Practical Guide
Ballet lessons cost a lot. Because ballet is considered a basic form of dance, the price can be justifiable. But now that you'll be a future ballet dancer, let's check on other related expenses. How much are ballet shoes? Are there cheaper alternatives with equally good quality? Let's get to know more about ballet dance and ballet shoes in this article.
A Practical Guide To Ballet Dancing: Benefits And Cost
It's normal to be concerned about how much ballet shoes are. After all, if you're planning to dance, it's practical to factor in all other costs besides your lessons. But before we get there, let's talk about the benefits of ballet.
The Benefits Of Ballet Dancing
- Strength – Regular ballet practice gives you the same training as carrying weights.
- Endurance – Ballet can improve stamina and cardiovascular endurance.
- Coordination – Ballet gives you better control of your body because of the postural and stabilizing strength it provides.
- Flexibility – This is one of the most apparent benefits of ballet, especially when you witness a ballet dancer's graceful movement.
- Posture – Ballet is rooted in incredible posture, which affects body awareness.
- Energy – Ballet, like any exercise, increases dopamine levels and lifts one's spirit.
- Sharp Thinking – Ballet encourages cognitive development because of the mental exercise needed when processing different movements.
- Positive body image – Ballet inspires positive body image by encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
- Confidence – Ballet increases self-confidence and inspires dancers to do better every day.
- Clarity – Ballet encourages mental clarity because of the deep concentration required to remember positions and routines.
With all the great things ballet has to offer, who wouldn't want to try it? We will continue to discuss how much ballet shoes cost so you can decide wisely before committing to ballet.
Cost Of Ballet Dancing And Ballet Shoes
Ballet dancing is costly. Besides the lessons, you have to factor in other expenses like clothes, recitals, and shoes. So, how much are ballet shoes and ballet lessons?
Here are a few things to remember:
- Ballet, as a hobby, can still be manageable. Depending on the state and the number of classes enrolled, it can cost between $60 to $150 per month.
- Most dance schools have an annual recital with costumes at an estimated price of $75 each or more.
- Rigorous ballet training for a child leading to adulthood can cost $120,000. This includes summer camps, training at top tier dance academies, clothing, and dance accessories.
- Ballet pointe shoes can cost between $65 and $75, excluding the cost of repair materials like a sewing kit and elastics.
- Ballet beginners can stretch their pointe shoe lifespan to at least three months before buying a new pair.
- Professional ballerinas can only use pointe ballet shoes for a day or a single performance, depending on dance complexity. This means you have to be prepared to spend at least $200 every day on ballet shoes and accessories.
PRO TIP: After dancing, make sure to air out your pointe shoes to dry to prolong its lifespan. Or, you can opt to use a pointe shoe hardener. If you notice your shoes giving in, replace it immediately for your safety.
Finding out how much are ballet shoes is an essential factor to consider before committing to dance ballet. The cost could run a whole season, or if you start falling in love with it, it could last an entire lifetime.