How Many Times Can You Use A Disposable Razor?
It is common these days to get hold of a disposable alternative to almost anything. May it be bags, napkins, underwear, toothbrushes, name it. Although one may wonder, “How long should a disposable item be used before throwing it away?” Everybody, men and women use razors. And now, we have disposable razors available in almost all convenient stores. Let's find out how many times can you use a disposable razor.
The most affordable disposable razor you can buy can be used about 5 to 10 times, while those of high quality are said to last 20 to 30 times. But whether it is cheap or costly, how many times you can use a disposable razor depends on how properly it has been taken care of it. Here are some simple ways to make your disposable razor last longer.
- Keep the blades dry. Razor blades are made of metal and are therefore susceptible to rust. So leaving it wet after use can easily accumulate rust. Once your razor blades get rusty, you can no longer use the disposable blade unless you want that rust to go to your face.
- Rinse it properly. After using, ensure that no hair and shaving cream is left on the razor's blades and dry it using a clean towel.
- Store in a dry place after use. Keep your disposable razor away from the sink or any water source of moisture that will cause the blades to rust.
- Strop the blades. When you feel that the blades are starting to feel a bit dull, try stropping it in your old pair of jeans. By stropping, you will simply have to glide the disposable razor on the denim on both directions until the blade sharpens.
How many times you can use a disposable razor would also depend on how you use them. It's not enough that you clean it but making it last long also depends if it's being used properly. Here are some tips to remember in using your disposable razor.
- Wash your face. Take a hot shower or wash your face with warm water before shaving. That will help hydrate your facial hair and allows the razor to glide through your face easily.
- Choose a good shaving gel. Get yourself a quality shaving foam or gel to give you an incredibly smooth shave.
- Trim up your hair to a manageable length before shaving it out with a razor. Disposable razors can easily get clogged with hair making it difficult for you to shave properly, causing you to put too much pressure during the strokes. Therefore, keep it short enough for the razor to manage it right.
There are some ways you can do to prolong the longevity of your disposable razors. But if it still won't last even after you tried the tips mentioned above, don't feel bad. After all, disposable razors are created for short term use only.